By knowing the market inside and out, you’ll help to manage the buying vision and challenge us to achieve ever-greater things.
You’ll make sure we deliver on our promise to customers by helping to secure exciting products at the best price. In fact, you’ll set the bar high in retailing. Our buying teams – if it’s possible – have to move even quicker than the rest of the business. And they have to keep ahead of our customers too: second-guessing what they want and need before they do. You’re a skilled Buyer with a great supplier network with the ability to influence and manage others.
Reporting to one of our SpecialBuys Buying Directors, and leading a small team of Buying Assistants, the successful candidate will help to drive Specials sales, profitability and innovation through effective leadership, analytical skills and passion for product.
If you’re a hardworking individual that’s ready to kick-start your career with an award-winning employer, apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your New Role:
- Meeting, managing, assessing, engaging and motivating suppliers
- Developing and proposing exciting, relevant and evolving themes and products
- Follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement with Specialbuy range
- Produce timely and accurate business forecasts, plans and recommendations to enable targets to be met, and to make further decisions based on key drivers
- Identify, assess and monitor additional information/data which could be used in decision making
- Plan, prepare and carry out negotiations across a number of products simultaneously
- Prepare presentations for both internal and external use, taking into account market information, product performance and commercial considerations
- Provide assistance to the Specialbuys Director on existing and future ranges
- Utilise the knowledge and initiative of employees, following the principles of the Aldi Management System
- Degree or equivalent
- Significant retail buying experience – Non-Food preferable
- Preferred candidates would need to have demonstrated the expected levels of aptitude, motivation and performance within their existing role to date
- Effective leadership, motivation and people management
- A self-starter with the ability to prioritise duties among multiple concurrent projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to plan ahead to meet deadlines with a high level of personal organisation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills with ability to take complex information and deliver in a simplified manner across many levels of a business
- Delivery of concise and articulate, executive-level written work
- A good sense of urgency and adaptability under pressure
- Intellectually curious and takes initiative
- Influential, Natural leader,
- Dynamic, Diligent, Consistent
- Seeking responsibility
What You’ll Get in Return:
- Salary from £55,915 rising to £81,415
- Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, with the opportunity of 2 days a week remote working.
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- In office flexi-time
- Full training provided
- Pension scheme
- Private employee medical insurance after 6 months
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity and adoption leave
- Company paternity leave after 2 years
- Access to a free,24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- Long service rewards
- A variety of Aldi Perks including bike to work scheme, discounted gym passes, accommodation, travel, cinema and family day out tickets.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you the chance to make a real difference, apply today!