Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we’re opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there’d simply be no products in those stores.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop within the business and play a key part in shaping the future of Aldi globally. Ready for more? Apply to join #TeamAldi today!
Your new role
- Successfully project manage work streams within a large scale software transformation programme, working collaboratively with business and IT representatives to integrate Aldi’s supply chain.
- Management of third-party warehouse automation providers to integrate new systems into large scale warehouse automation projects.
- Management and control of multiple supply chain projects, working with National and International IT departments, Buying, National and International Supply Chain Management, Regional Distribution Centres, and suppliers to deliver to agreed timeframes.
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement and coordination of teams at all levels of the business.
- Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with external partners. Manages Aldi’s partners within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
- Work with stakeholders to define project direction, budget and deliverables and to establish consensus and clear alignment at all levels.
- Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence and stakeholder engagement.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logistics and Supply Chain
- Experience with integrating and / or operating Manhattan Warehouse Management Systems into Automated Warehouses
- Proficient with Confluence, JIRA, and Microsoft Office Suite; specifically, Excel, Word and MS Project.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT teams to deliver successful software transformations projects.
What you will get in return
- Starting salary from £33,035 rising to £38,580.
- 5-day/40-hour week, working Monday- Friday, with the opportunity for remote working 2 days per week.
- Holidays – 25 Days plus Bank Holiday
- Access to a free, 24/7, confidential virtual GP service for all Aldi Colleagues and their children (under the age of 16)
- Pension Scheme
- In-Office flexi time
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay after 2 years.
- Long service rewards.
- Aldi Perks – Bike to work scheme, discounted gym membership, shopping and travel discounts & many more.
If you’re looking for a career that gives you more, apply today!