About the job
Amazon is looking for a Software Development Engineer to help us build the future. In the Global Transportation Technology Services team, you’ll have the opportunity to shape how customers will get what they need in the coming decades. This role offers the rare opportunity to shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale. We do work that impacts hundreds of Fulfillment Centers (FCs), thousands of associates, and millions of customers across the world.
Global Transportation Tech Services (GTTS) builds technology to support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best in class Amazon transportation network. We are building intelligent software to make transportation more reliable, faster, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers.
This project is a future-focused end-to-end process enhancement and system integration program that aims to systematically remove inefficiencies from the middle mile planning processes (both peak & off-peak) and make ‘hands-free’ execution possible.
- 10+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object oriented design
- 5+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with development using AWS Technologies
- Demonstrated ability to reach stretch goals in a highly innovative environment
- Excellent analytical, design and problem-solving skills
- Experience building highly available systems operating 24/7
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Agile, Kanban or equivalent software development methodologies.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch)
Job ID: A2109163