About the job
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
Purpose Of The Job
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Shift Supervisor. The focus of the role is to lead a team of technicians on shift, ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, that preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
- Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME (Subject Matter Expert) levels of knowledge on all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in the building.
- Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
- Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and equipment performance metrics.
- Management of contractors.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with relevant experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
- 5 GCSE, NVQ3, ONC/D, C&G 2330, 17th Ed.
- Proven ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Experience of multi-contractor management.
- Experience in a multi-site environment.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2069673