About the job
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
Purpose Of The Job
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician. The focus of the Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekends.
Key job responsibilities
- Role model health & safety best practices and monitor those around them to ensure they follow the example they set.
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate SME (Subject Matter Expert) levels of knowledge on all MHE (Material Handling Equipment) in the building.
- Coach and mentor the technicians on shift.
- Support the line manager and to supervise the shift in their absence.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers by means of troubleshooting and prioritizing.
- Support continuous improvement of systems in a standard manner across the EU network.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Understanding of OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and equipment performance metrics.
- Management of contractors.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines with relevant experience in automation or complex MHE environments.
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements.
- Proven ability to supervise and influence others on the team.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Experience of multi-contractor management.
- Experience in a multi-site environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2132672