About the job
Are you ready to relaunch your Finance career?
Have you been out of the workforce for an extended time? Or have you been working in a different field and want to return to a career in Finance?
Restart your career in a fully paid Returnship Programme at Amazon with the potential to progress to a permanent full-time position.
About The Returnship Programme
This 16-week paid employment opportunity is available to you if you are looking to resume your professional career after experiencing a period of under-employment and/or unemployment
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
Benefits Included In The Program
- Paid, 16 week, Fixed Term Contract
- Opportunity to Work from home for the duration of the Returnship
- Flexibility – Your manager will work with you to establish the best and most productive use of your time.
- Work on real-life projects
- Extensive support and mentorship to get you back up to speed
- The possibility of full-time employment at the end of the programme and incountry relocation assistance for moving to the hiring location
Upon successful completion of the Programme, there is the potential of an offer for full-time employment which will be based in the Amazon office in London.
Who can apply?
For this opportunity, the Amazon Returnship Programme welcomes Returners with previous experience in Finance or a similar Analytical role to apply.
If you have a gap in your employment, for whatever reason, or if you are currently under-employed or employed in a different field, and want to return to Finance, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply you must be living in, and have the right to work full time in, the United Kingdom and be available to start working fulltime in the Returnship Programme if your application is successful.
Key job responsibilities
- Provide data driven insights the empower your stakeholders to make business decisions that improve performance
- Ensure that financial controls and processes are in place and respected through continuous audit, reporting, and systems implementation
- Lead continuous cost improvements, and track savings. Present, defend, and gain support for these initiatives from senior management.
- Establish and maintain operating and business metrics, and improve accuracy and pace of the decision based on metrics.
- Enhance and scale existing tools, develop agile processes, design and implement new solutions
- Integrate data improvements and increase visibility into financial reporting and planning processes
If you transition to a permanent position after the programme you will need to live within commuting distance of the Amazon London office.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Not currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- 6 or more years of relevant experience within a relevant highly analytical role
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, SQL)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2131738