About the job
At Amazon, we are going through an exciting period of growth. That’s precisely why we’re seeking a Non-Inventory Buyer to join our Fulfilment Centre (FC) cross functional team. The Non-Inventory Buyer will work in a team environment with Internal Amazon teams and vendors to administer and source non-inventory goods and services. These may include warehouse/office supplies, safety equipment, tools for internal consummation and repair and maintenance services.
Key job responsibilities
The Role’s Key Responsibilities Will Include
Each UK FC has one Non-Inventory Procurement Buyer. They act as the first escalation point for Procurement related queries and provide guidance to the FC Internal Stakeholders with all aspects of Non-Inventory Procurement.
- Work in full compliance and adherence with the company Spending and Transaction policy, educating and guiding the correct behaviours of internal stakeholders
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate and secure best value for money on a full range of non-inventory goods and services
- Build effective internal stakeholder and supplier relationships, ensuring a high service level in terms of quotations, quality compliance and lead times for Site Level projects
- Work with internal stakeholders to define scopes of work to conduct tenders for requirements at a site and a UK level
- Identify savings opportunities and partner with Internal Stakeholders to deliver savings through contract renewals
- Own, monitor and track Amazon internal e-catalogues
- Assist internal stakeholders with procure to pay tasks
- Utilise multiple applications and systems to provide accurate metrics, reporting and data (Coupa, Quicksight etc)
- Deliver results against Procurement KPIs
- Create and execute contractual agreements such as Work Orders and Master Supply Agreements
- Work with internal stakeholders and suppliers to embed Amazon’s sustainability goals and processes by reducing waste, re-using materials and ensuring CSR compliance
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years’ professional experience in Procurement
- Fluency in English *C1, C2
- Previous experience in Procurement, including sourcing and negotiation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric with very strong communication skills
- Proficiency in using ERP systems (SAP, Oracle and/or Coupa)
- CIPS qualifications (or working towards)
- Supplier relationship management experience
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to delivering the best results for our customers. If you
have a disability, medical condition or impairment, and need an adjustment during the application
and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the
Applicant-candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT
4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the united Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884. If calling
from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851489. You may also contact us if you might need an
adjustment in your new role and would like to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).
Company – Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2144098