About the job
Asda Technology are building out an entirely new cloud platform to support its separation from Walmart as part of the ‘Future’ programme.
Future is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Asda are undertaking an unparalleled exercise to build a new IT operating environment. This is a fantastic opportunity which is a once in a lifetime opportunity shape the way the entire business will operate. Cloud technologies are at the very heart of this.
- To design and implement cloud solutions,
- To providing L3 operational support when needed.
- To work within a greenfield cloud platform at significant scale, as part of the newly established Asda Cloud Platform team.
- To work closely within our Cloud Centre of excellence to determine cloud capabilities
- To prioritise delivery and work with a team of Cloud Architects, SREs and Product owners to continuously improve cloud services.
- Very strong technical cloud knowledge gained in the design, implementation, and operation of cloud services within Microsoft Azure.
- Comfortable operating within Infrastructure and Configuration as Code methodologies, using GitHub, Azure DevOps, Terraform and Ansible tooling
- Experienced with taking high level solution designs and requirements, then translating these into low level technology implementations
- Excellent written skills, with an ability to create low level design documentation, diagrams and support documentation
- Broad infrastructure engineering experience within Windows Server and Linux, with specialism within Kubernetes and Azure PaaS services advantageous
- Experienced working within Agile and Waterfall delivery methodologies, conforming with governance and ITIL processes
- Operational support experience as a Level 3 engineer
Work Where it Works. Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to complete your daily tasks where you will be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team. We would love to talk to you about this.
You Will Also Get An Excellent Benefits Package Including
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking, and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email [email protected]