Website Bank of England
Prudential Policy Directorate are responsible for designing, negotiating internationally and implementing effective prudential regulation in order to remove or reduce systemic risks, promote the safety and soundness of PRA-regulated firms and ensure appropriate protection for insurance policyholders. PPD supports both the Prudential Regulation Committee and Financial Policy Committee in fulfilling their objectives.
- The team works on a range of high profile and new workstreams.
- There is significant scope for the successful applicant to shape the PRA’s new approach to policy-making.
- This includes supporting the establishment of a new senior committee session focussed on policy prioritisation, by working with colleagues across policy and supervision.
- Support work to design the PRA’s approach to policy making under the Future Regulatory Framework, leading on specific workstreams within the wider work programme.
- This will include contributing to the drafting of a planned consultation paper.
- As a lead policy analyst, you will be responsible for leading work to update internal processes, and practises, to reflect our new approach to policy.
- It also includes evaluating and updating the PRA’s approach to its ‘have regards’ legal requirements to reflect the Future Regulatory Framework, including by delivering training.
- Stand ready to work flexibly to progress wider team priorities, including work to transfer the European ‘acquis’ into PRA rules and horizon scanning of future risks.
- Across these workstreams, work collaboratively both internally and externally, and provide verbal and written advice to senior management to support decision making.
- Proactive, taking ownership for outcomes.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Able to balance and prioritise between multiple demands.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative, working with others to deliver.
- Committed to advancing the Bank’s work to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualification & Experience:
- Good knowledge or experience of financial services or public policy gained through role(s) held in the financial services industry, regulators, government, or third sector.
- Strong communicator, able to explain technical material in an accessible way.
Company: Bank of England
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here