About the job
Markets Execution Credit Trading Developer
As a Barclays Markets Execution Credit Trading Developer, you will design and develop business solutions to enhance our electronic trading offerings and drive client business flows. Reporting directly to the Credit Trading Development Manager and will collaborate with a global development team to facilitate electronic trading across various execution venues in line with Business and Technology requirements. In addition, Credit Technology team is embarking on a multi-year effort to rebuild the platform.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will build-out of functionality for the electronic trading infrastructure
- Optimizing application performance by profiling, finding inefficiencies and bottlenecks
- Coordinating with global development team, work with QA to deliver global releases
- Working with traders, operations, and support to analyze new requirements, explain new features and investigate reported issues
- Actively working with colleagues in the global team and other stakeholders to collect requirements, solve and diagnose issues
- Interacting with various areas of the business, including but not limited to traders, support, trading assistants, finance and developers from other teams
What We’re Looking For
- University degree in computer science, physics, engineering, or equivalent programming experience
- Exceptional Core Java, solid skills in object oriented design and development
- Experience with multi-threading, memory management, or performance tuning
- Experience with dependency injections frameworks, ideally: Spring
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience with the following applied technologies; Core Java, JMS, Solace, TibcoRv, MQ or other enterprise messaging middleware
- Previous experience with Cloud solutions (AWS)
- Experience with scripting languages like bash, perl, python
- Experience with Linux, Oracle
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.