About the job
As a Barclays Developer you will be joining Portfolio Change Delivery team within Corporate Digital Banking Business area. You will be instrumental in implementing the department which is focused on the delivery of technological change for the payment processing function and consists of over 500 people. Although part of Barclays Execution Services, Payments Technology serves the whole group including the Corporate and International Bank, Retail Bank, Investment Bank and Barclaycard.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
- Developing code that meets the requirement specifications
- Ensuring that all change is implemented using best practices
- Collaborating and communicating with technical designers, testers etc. to understand the requirements and convert them into a code
- Understanding and adhering to standards already laid out as required
- Arranging show and tells for Designers and Testers for the changes done
- Participating in defect triaging and help identify issues
- Ensuring Unit Test, Sonar Reports, etc. are all covered as per project standards
- Tracking and highlighting all Risks/Issues/Dependencies/Assumptions from beginning of the requirement till closure
What We’re Looking For
- Exceptional expertise in working in micro-service architecture.
- Exposure to designing for enterprise scale applications
- Excellent technical knowledge in Java, Orcacle/SQL, Spring framework/ Spring boot and Apache Camel
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Understanding of Barclays Clearing Hub system
- Knowledge of Barclays applications or experience at Barclays
- Application support and maintenance experience
- Exposure to Redhat/Openshift V3, V4, Jenkins, Splunk and AWS/Cloud Technlogies
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football, and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.