About the job
As a Barclays Developer within the Client Lifecycle Management team, you will deliver critical technical solutions to the Private Bank business to support and improve the onboarding of new clients, and the ongoing management of the client relationship throughout the client lifecycle. This role is for a developer to contribute to the development of a world class client and colleague facing web application to support client onboarding and maintenance based on a service orientated architecture.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What you’ll be doing?
- Actively participating in planning, analysis and design sessions for new features to be developed
- Working closely with business analysts to take a business requirement through to technical design and coding
- As part of coding, unit-tests must be produced to ensure future changes can be made with confidence that we are not regressing existing behaviour
- Providing 3rd line support in investigating production issues and providing resolution
What We’re Looking For
- Linux/Unix, Spring Boot experience
- Experience in REST
- Experience of agile development techniques, i.e. test driven development, pair programming, etc. and agile project methodologies such as scrum or kanban
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge in Scala, AWS, Oracle
- Experience in Cats, AngularJS
- Knowledge in Lift, Ngnix/Jetty embedded
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.