About the job
As a Barclays Developer you will be joining Portfolio Change Delivery team within Corporate Digital Banking area. You will be instrumental in leading the provider of digitally-enabled GBP and EUR working capital transaction banking services to our chosen customer segment Payments Technology is part of the Barclays Corporate & international business. The department is focused on the delivery of technological change for the payment processing function and consists of over 500 people.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
- Developing code that meets the requirement specifications
- Ensuring that all change is implemented using best practice
- Working and communicating with technical designers, testers etc. to understand the requirements and convert them into a code
- Adhering to standards already laid out
- Arranging and showing Designers and Testers for the changes done
- Participating in defect triaging and help identify issues
- Ensuring Unit Test, Sonar Reports, etc. are all covered as per project standards
- Tracking and highlighting all Risks/Issues/Dependencies/Assumptions from beginning of the requirement till closure
What We’re Looking For
- Solid expertise in working in micro-service architecture
- Solid expertise designing for enterprise scale applications
- Should be able to peer review code
- Solid technical knowledge in Java, Oracle/SQL, Spring framework/ Spring boot
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Knowledge of Barclays Clearing Hub system
- Knowledge of Barclays applications or experience at Barclays
- Application support and maintenance experience
- Exposure to Redhat/Openshift V3,V4, Jenkins, Splunk or AWS/Cloud Technologies
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.