About the job
Annual Salary: £21,220 + benefits
Our Foundation Apprenticeships are a rare blend of opportunity: meaningful work, professional development, a good salary, and investment in your potential – all within a globally-respected financial organisation. Whatever your experience, whatever your age, it’s a firm foundation for the career you want, with support to achieve what you’re capable of. If you never imagined you could find success in a world-class bank, or you never thought apprenticeships could be the start of something big, it’s time to think differently.
Why a Barclays Apprenticeship?
- Our Foundation Apprenticeship will build your skills and set you on the path to becoming a fully-fledged professional. You’ll gain professional qualifications equivalent to two A Levels, and you’ll be a full-time employee from day one, which means you don’t have to apply for a job with us at the end: you’ll already have one.
- We’ve spent 11 years perfecting the support that you’ll receive on our Apprenticeship programme. That starts with our market-leading Talent Coach model: from day one, you’ll be assigned a talent coach matched to your needs and background, and together with your line manager, they’ll support you as an individual. We’ll also match you to an expert in your specialist subject, ready to share their knowledge.
- The Apprenticeship route gives you the opportunity for self-discovery and helps you to explore different career paths. With over 325 years of expertise in Banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries, employing over 80,000 people to help move, lend, invest and protect money for customers and clients worldwide. Giving you endless opportunities to network and discover what makes you tick.
- Our programme is open to anyone, no matter your background or your age. So you’ll be joining an Apprenticeship cohort who are from all different walks of life, whether that’s school leavers starting their career, ex-military wanting to kick-start a career in the corporate world to parents wanting to return to work after having time off.
Technology at Barclays
Why build a career in Technology in our global business? Because this is where some of the industry’s biggest innovations were born – and you could create the next. Join us and work alongside industry experts who are behind major leaps in FinTech. You’ll be following our innovative learning programme which includes on-the-job training and valuable hands-on experience.
Come and work side by side with the brains behind our tech. This is more than just learning how to code; you’ll take on real, challenging work from the very start as you design, install, test and maintain new and existing systems. Together, let’s continue designing innovative solutions, products and services for our colleagues, clients and customers around the world.
Are you eligible?
- First, you’ll need the right qualifications. For Technology roles in England you’ll need 5 GCSEs at A*-C (9-5) including Maths and English (or equivalent)
- We welcome all experience, whether you’ve studied computer science at school and are familiar with programming or if you just simply have an interest in it – there’s a place for you on our programme. What you do need though is the will to learn and the commitment to see your programme through. And of course, you’ll need a keen interest in helping us create the future of our bank. Ready to think differently about what’s possible in the tech world? Bring your ideas here.
Working in Northampton
Northampton is a key strategic hub, and home to a community of over 3,000 talented people. Our team is behind global business developments such as fraud leveraging machine learning, and redesigning technology for the contact centre of the future. With so much happening, it’s the ideal place for a diverse career path.