About the job
As a Barclays Ops Engineer, you will join the Barclays UK Technology, which is a global team of more than 5000 Technology and Change employees that support our Personal and Corporate Banking business. Based around the world from Australia to Japan to Switzerland, we are accountable for delivering an effective end-to-end Technology service for PCB and driving digital simplification and mass automation. The overall purpose of this role will be to maintain and support infrastructure of cloud native credit processors for the bank.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining AWS infrastructure for next generation cloud native card processor being built from scratch
- Participating in the implementation of infrastructure automation
- Understanding existing enterprise assets such as frameworks, patterns, subsystems and ensuring that the team uses them where appropriate
- Actively establishing relationships with key stakeholders within infrastructure team and across the technology organization
- Working with product consumer, cyber security partners and Control tribe to ensure the products delivered have the right features and adhere to operational standards
- Interacting daily with feature team colleagues and product owners
What We’re Looking For
- Expertise in Shell scripting
- Expertise in automation and scripting skills with Python
- Experience in using or implementing code deployment tools to create and control infrastructure as code
- Extensive experience in Linux administration, usage and bash scripting (Bash, batch and Powershell)
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Good knowledge in cloud environments like AWS, Openshift, Docker will be added advantage
- Experience in automating maintenance/management for Docker like environment
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.