About the job
Level 2 Senior Network Service Operations Engineer
As a Barclays Level 2 Senior Network Service Operations Engineer, you will be part of a core Network team providing various functions, assistance, service management, product management, product engineering, automation and tools. You will participate in ambitious projects. This is an exciting opportunity to provide service stability and recovery involving network infrastructure within the Bank, with the team that runs regional day to day operations across 21 network technology products, ensuring change activities are planned and implemented.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying possible network affecting situations, applying fixes and working on post mortem reports for stakeholder management
- Liaising with other technology, business areas and third party vendors in pursuit of resolving the problem or communicating progress
- Having the ability to assess existing network infrastructure, review, amend and drive service improvement plan for problematic network areas
- You will have the capability to identify possible network affecting situations, faulty hardware or logical problems
- Managing the quality of changes aligned to level 2 support, structuring implementation details and ensuring that the team adheres to change management process at all times
- Ensuring actions are owned and closed to ascertain root cause and document actions to prevent any recurrence for greater stability of services
- You will be accountable for lifecycle management of all network products by scheduling activities, ensuring maintenance is communicated across functions and handed over to operations
What We’re Looking For
- Experience of Network Operational Support within a large institution or bank
- Proven ability to diagnose and resolve complex network related issues
- Solid understanding and experience of F5 load-balancing platforms, including integration with external services
- Knowledge of DNS / DHCP using Infoblox products, Proxy related products, TCP, SSL and ability to fault find using tcpdump, Wireshark, log trace and live debug
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Expert knowledge of Load Balancing platforms – F5 or AVI / VMW
- Experience of scripting language (Python, Ansible)
- Experience of working within a large multi-site, multi-protocol LAN & WAN
- Knowledge of core networks, transport, internet and firewall platform
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for challenging work and for relaxing play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.