About the job
Global Markets Operations
As a Barclays Global Markets Operations, you are part of the Global Markets and Operations team which plays an important role working with these businesses including supporting business growth, managing risk and the control environment, developing the operating model, and managing change and strategy to build an effective and scalable platform to support the successful businesses. Your role within GMO ensures processing is of the highest standard, whilst meeting SLAs, and being mindful of risk, efficiency and budget.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Interacting daily with key stakeholders, working to achieve results
- Prioritising key tasks in line with risk assessment and control
- Focusing on delivering client service to the highest standard
- Analysing and actively understanding complex problems and propose suggestions to resolve
- Actively identifying opportunities to streamline process flows
- Delivering efficiencies without compromising on risk and control
What We’re Looking For
- Demonstrate your knowledge of Risk Awareness
- Proven your ability to be a team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Broad knowledge of the Risk framework from a functional perspective in a Tier 1 investment bank
- Broad knowledge of Risk/Compliance processes and policies with a practical knowledge of relevant regulatory environment
- Experience developing, managing and monitoring audits, regulatory and operational risk issues for functional area and plans for closure
- Technically competent at working with complex data sets, interpretation and development of key reports
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.