About the job
GMO Client Regulatory Operations Executive
As a Barclays GMO Client Regulatory Operations Executive, you will be responsible for the team and CASS oversight of Operational activity and advisory Service within GMO to ensure the firm meets its client and regulatory obligations to protect assets belonging to clients of the Investment Bank. The role will include the oversight and first level review and approval of the GMO daily Client Money and Stock Shortfall calculations.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a team of approximately seven colleagues supporting the Banks Client Regulatory Operations
- Heading a regional function responsible for protecting approx., Client Money and Client Assets each business day
- Assisting in the design and execution of an appropriate risk and assurance environment, delivering a best in class framework and execution strategy
- Providing performance data to relevant GMO and CASS Governance forums
- Helping in evaluating regulatory risk within the GMO department
- Growing and inspiring a high performing team to efficiently manage regulatory risk
- Upholding personal conduct in line with the Barclays Way, calling out behaviors, actions or decisions that fall short of these standards
What We’re Looking For
- Significant technical understanding of FCA CASS regulation with the ability to implement Operationally is a must
- In-depth knowledge of Operations and broad understanding of Investment banking
- Ability to work well under pressure and make decisions to tight deadlines
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to grasp business concepts quickly, proactive approach to solving issues focusing on regulatory impact / compliance
- Delivery focused; with the ability achieve quality results with a challenging but positive style
- Ability to engage with senior stakeholders (VP/D Level)
- Able to maintain a reputation for integrity, evoking rapid trust from key stakeholders
Where will you be working?
5 North Colonnade is home to our investment bank and is in the heart of Canary Wharf, just a short walk from our headquarters at Churchill Place. It boasts an array of onsite amenities such as dry cleaner as well as a deli and buffet style staff restaurant. The building is easily accessible by tube, docklands light railway and all major bus links. The atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.