About the job
As a Barclays Personal Assistant, you will provide primary support to the Director and Senior Leadership Team. This includes responding to or resolving a wide range of queries, channelling to the appropriate area if necessary thereby leaving Principal free to concentrate on only the most important matters.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Organising a wide range of meetings and functions at internal/ external venues. Liaising with external/internal contacts – vetting locations
- Acting as the main reference point both in the presence and absence of the Principal. Respond to/resolve a wide range of queries
- You will be responsible for the total control of Principal diary, scheduling appointments without reference
- Receiving incoming mail
- Compiling agendas, circulate meeting papers, take and transcribe minutes and undertake any further follow-up procedures
- Using pperational awareness and trend analysis in order to compile key management information necessary to support decision making
What We’re Looking For
- Influencing/ networking – developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, to influence others opinions and actions
- ability to multi-task
- Servicing Excellence – ability to seek out customer feedback, see things from their perspective
- Problem solving/ decision making – going beyond the obvious, gathering complex data to get to the heart of issues
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise day-to-day activities
- Being organised and making decisions based on experience and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.