About the job
Forecasting and Capacity Planning Analyst
As a Barclays Forecasting and Capacity Planning Analyst, you will join us at a time of growth in our Investigations function. You will be responsible for turning individual business area strategy into an FTE plan to ensure that the COT is optimally staffed against their service requirements throughout the year. This will be the ideal role for you to showcase your experience, knowledge and understanding of operational key performance metrics & how business drivers/plans translate into customer demand resulting in resource requirements.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering a robust long term workload forecast, resource & recruitment plans built on a collaboratively agreed set of assumptions to determine demand plan
- Ongoing development of ‘bottom up’ resource planning models that underpin the operating budget and headcount plan for each specific business area
- Providing Headcount Management & Control analysis through regular Headcount reports providing clarity of month-on-month staff movements
- Providing support to the resource planning change gateway process conducting Impact Assessments of change initiatives to support/inform Leadership decision making process
- Supporting the delivery of best-in-class workload forecasting & planning capability utilising industry leading processes and technology and improving forecast accuracy
- Understanding the impacts of any change on their business area and be able to effectively communicate and manage this change through to the other areas of the business
- Facilitating the analysis of performance and colleague data to conduct a scheduling ‘gap analysis’ within the current workforce and ensure necessary any risks are mitigated
What We’re Looking For
- Strong communication & presentation skills interacting at all levels
- Demonstrable analytical skills with the ability to provide insight and present in a way that gives clarity, confidence & certainty to the audience.
- Ability to be pro-active through planning and organisation skills, constantly anticipating future needs but remaining flexible and calm with unforeseen demands
- Experience in different approaches to data analysis, statistical modelling including planning, gathering, and challenging quality of data from various sources
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Academic background to evidence competence in Statistical Modelling
- Understanding of contact centres IVR and call routing methodologies, how they work and how they impact business measures
- Knowledge of work force management processes, methodology, tools and capabilities
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.