About the job
Portfolio Office Manager
As a Barclays Portfolio Office Manager, you will be supporting the Consumer Risk & Finance, Treasury & Liquidity (CRFTL) Portfolio Office Manager and Head of Workforce to ensure the smooth day to day running of the CRFTL function; providing highly effective management information on subjects and supporting the professional communications across CRFTL.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is location flexible. We will consider requests for locating the role at an alternative Barclays’ key UK office from that advertised.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Actively ensuring consistent and accurate progress reporting on the costs and other resources consumed by CRFTL
- Providing valuable analytics, transforming raw data into recommendations
- Engaging a collaborative effort, creating both visibility and verbally engaging reports and presentations
- Providing CRFTL management with timely assessments of operational progress
- Supporting the Communications lead for CRFTL including developing the communications plans
- Providing insights on the financial health of the function and looking for cost reduction
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent communication skills
- Broad working knowledge of Barclays Change Frameworks, standards and policies
- Proven knowledge of project governance requirements
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office including solid PowerPoint, Excel and Project skills
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Broad knowledge of Barclays change management standards and practices
- Confident knowledge of project/program as well as organizational finance practices
- Proven evidence of experience in wider business management and/or cost Centre management roles
- Experience of working within Financial Services, FinTech or Technology change companies
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.