About the job
As a Barclays PMO, you will manage execution risk effectively, deliver on our group strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders. You will focus on delivering our initiatives consistently and transparently. Programme Management Office (PMO) colleagues ensure initiative delivery is managed in line with the relevant Policies and Standards, using standard processes and tooling to improve the level and likelihood of successful outcomes.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining and actively managing initiative documentation, facilitating key governance
- Reinforcing the accountabilities of key stakeholders, helping to ensure that decisions are made by the right people
- Safeguarding effective change control processes, ensuring the business case is updated and managed through appropriate governance
- Supporting the Programme and / or Project Managers in determining, monitoring and managing workforce and financial requirements
- Drawing insights from available information to inform daily delivery – such as challenging progress and prioritisation of resources
- Supporting the Programme and / or Project Managers in assessing the risks from the change, including the tracking of thematic issues
What We’re Looking For
- Deep knowledge of change management standards and practices
- A clear understanding of project/programme as well as organisational finance practices
- Evidence of experience in wider business management and/or cost centre management roles
- Experience of working within Financial Services, FinTech or Technology change companies
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience in PMO roles across major programme change environment or substantial portfolio of change £10m+
- Solid evidence of financial management experience
- Technology and Financial services industry awareness
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.