About the job
Project Management Office Lead
As a Barclays Project Management Office Lead, you will be joining the Markets team within Markets Pre-Trade Business Area. You will be instrumental in implementing the Markets Pre-Trade team as we build out our PMO function, this role will help contribute to the buildout of future state trading and analytics platforms, making it a great time to join a growing team.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager
What will you be doing?
- Maintaining best practices for both leadership and colleagues related to status tracking engagement and process change implementation
- Striving for efficiency, automation, and reduction in busywork & assists other teams with applying best practices
- Managing Project Management Office people, distribution across projects for their asset class, reallocating as needed
- Collaborating with wider Markets Project Project Management Office Lead to operate consistently
- Being accountable for all Project Management Office activities including maintaining standards and providing training aligned with SICM for projects within their asset class
- Managing workforce and non-workforce project financial requirements
- Assessing project risks, manage RAID, complete Change/Delivered Risk Assessment
- Programming & projecting level risk and issue coordination for their asset class
What We’ Re Looking For
- Solid understanding/usage of Qlikview, Jira, Salesforce & Confluence, or willingness to learn
- Experience working in a global team
- Exposure to analysing large sets of data and present back to senior management in a clear and concise format
- Experience in resolution design, with an ability to focus on the wider impact of suggestions
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience working in the Investment Banking industry
- Exposure to working in the technology industry
- Experience in managing small projects, or exposure to the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Experience in working within a structured project management framework
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.