About the job
Data Analyst – Tableau
As a Barclays Data Analyst – Tableau, you will be leading the development and maintenance of the management information system to ensure that it meets the reporting needs of key stakeholders and is a stable and reliable platform. You will be directly engaging MI Toolset stakeholders to agree engagement approach, capture, understand, analyze and impact assess current and future change management reporting requirements, agree priorities and delivery timescales.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will be acting as an internal SME in the MI Toolset and use the knowledge to complete both high level and complex assessment of requirements/ solution options
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of the overall roadmap of the solution to ensure that it continues to meet stakeholder needs
- Undertaking engineering and analysis of requirements, solution design, development and testing of the functionality, data, and associated reports within the MI Toolset
- Ensuring the MI toolset is an efficient, secure, and stable source of MI reporting that provides one source for MI report production to support the business decisions
- Creating, maintaining, and developing detailed toolset documentation and focusing on implementation of a continuous improvement approach to the provision of the Toolset
- Training individuals as required in the context, purpose, and use of the MI Toolset, including the creation and delivery of presentation content to senior stakeholders
- Maintaining the integrity of dependencies between the MI Toolset and any external systems or data sources and leading the resolution of problems as appropriate
- Planning, managing, driving, and ensuring the quality of work of other team members that are involved in the development and maintenance of the toolset
What We’re Looking For
- Deep understanding of Tableau Desktop, Tableau Prep, Excel VBA and SQL Server and good working knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Expertise in dynamic report and dashboard design; good understanding of data structures and algorithms, database administration, data manipulation and analysis
- Advanced Excel knowledge; dynamic named ranges, data types and structures, charting and automation, chart animation, pivot tables, data slices
- Deep understanding of database build and design with good attention to detail, investigation, and problem-solving skills
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Extensive experience in providing cross-organizational MI and reporting solutions for senior stakeholders and understanding of project governance requirements
- Excellent team leadership and development experience with good collaboration skills
- Previous experience in project management and/or project management office
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.