About the job
As a Barclays Portfolio Analyst, you will be in charge of portfolio analysis to support portfolio level recommendations and decision. This includes but it’s not limited to ensuring portfolio controls are embedded within the overarching governance framework and facilitating the continuous review and prioritisation of the portfolio, planning demand in line with given constraints (cost, resource). You will also implement quarterly wave planning, forward looking 18months.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Portfolio planning – supporting the production of packs, process within the portfolio and support to Programme teams
- Building and maintaining the forward looking view of the Investment portfolio including pipeline and input to quarterly performance review
- Constantly observing change control governance and process in line with governance framework tolerances across the portfolio
- Defining reports being completed to time and quality as outlined in schedule and as per BUK standards
- Driving usage of strategic tools automating reports and efficiencies of production at all levels, ensuring maintenance of golden source data
- Operating effective Mission Critical and Investment Governance forums to challenge delivery and resourcing, supported by quality data
What We’re Looking For
- Background and knowledge of PMO methods and tools is desirable
- A knowledge of Barclays Change standards
- A hand on experience on Microsoft Office Tools (Majorly Excel, Word, PPT etc)
- Be able to develop effective, practical relationships with key stakeholders in the portfolio and central teams
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Demonstrate knowledge/usage of Qlikview & Navigator
- Knowledge of financial accounting principles/practices i.e accruals, pre-payments
- Previous experience in a portfolio or project management office
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997. We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.