About the job
As a Barclays Solution Architect, you will be responsible to build innovative technology solutions to meet business requirements. This role is required to deliver target state Solutions Architecture working with technology councils, design authorities, programme and change boards. You will design solutions architecture effectively, deliver on our Group strategy and satisfy all our stakeholders, we must deliver our initiatives consistently and transparently.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will develop, specify and be responsible for end-to-end technical solutions for Real-time Platform
- Guiding and mentoring other architects and designers
- Defining and reviewing the API specs in line with Barclays API standards
- Collaborating to provision estimates, developing overall implementation solution/application plan, and serving as a lead as required
- Adding clarity to business requirements, challenging business requirements and demands to ensure high quality candidate solutions are created
- Continuing to build, extend, innovative next generation banking solutions and capabilities
- Collaborating with CTO, CISO, Engineering function and other teams in order to deliver solutions at highest standards
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent understanding and extensive experience of modern software design and engineering, having solved complex, analytical and technical problems
- Ability to guide solutions in depth at all levels including architecture, interface specification, code structure, network protocols, operations and troubleshooting
- Data – Understanding of Data Platforms especially in a NoSQL (MongoDB) and real-time data processing
- Experience of Modern Architecture patterns e.g. Domain Driven, Event Driven, API (e.g. MicroServices, Service Mesh, GraphQL/REST etc)
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Functional/Domain experience in Banking/Cards/Loans, proven experience of system integration, API design and API management
- Product Processing – Specialised/Deeper financial services product/business/process knowledge
- Application/Infrastructure/Enterprise Architect training and certification, e.g. TOGAF
- AWS Solution Architect certification
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.