About the job
As a Barclays Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for developing the technical solutions for a business area that has true customer and colleague impact. Your contribution to architectural decisions will change their banking and working lives for the better through technical designs that are truly based on their experiences.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the Solution Architect within a business area that has true customer and colleague impacts
- Creating L0, L1, L2 Architectures in keeping with the business providing a technical solution for customer and colleagues
- Owning the technical solution, you will provide an end to end assurance that satisfies business needs
- You will be the technology expert to whom that business area trusts to realise their aspirations as to how they can best drive their business forward in helping our customers
- Challenging the status quo; We need you to provide a fresh perspective that not only protects the brand but also re-energises Barclays
- Continuously collaborating with a team of like-minded architects, encouraging each other to find the right technology solutions for the business areas
- Owning the architectural future of multiple technology platforms
What We’re Looking For
- Experience shaping and defining solutions across disparate technologies that enable you to resolve a complex business issue with a simple and cost effective technology based solution
- A broad and deep knowledge of technologies (including infrastructure technologies) that are used by financial service providers
- Expertise in at least one or more technologies used by the bank, specifically Salesforce or Cloud technology
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to influence their thinking about what is possible through technology innovation
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Functional / Domain experience in Banking / Cards / Loans
- Product Processing – Specialised/Deeper financial services product / business / process knowledge
- Integration – Understanding of Integration patterns especially in a Cloud Native, Streaming, Domain Driven Design world
- Data – Understanding of Data Platforms especially in a Cloud Native, Streaming, Domain Driven Design world
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64-acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.