About the job
As a Barclays Solutions Architect within UK Technology, you will be part of the Digital Banking team that works with senior stakeholders from Business, Technology, Security, Risk & Service to gather, document and refine their requirements for all changes to the Barclays and Barclaycard apps. Digital Banking aims to make Barclays the go-to digital bank in the UK by creating valuable, compelling and engaging digital experiences that exceed customer expectations and are the envy of the competition.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
What will you be doing?
- Using specific knowledge and technical expertise to design solutions to meet all requirements and document as Design Thumbnails, High Level and detailed Designs
- Supporting the Business with production of screen flows
- Driving out the BRDs (Business Requirements – Detailed) in a collaborative style to ensure all needs are fully identified to the level required
- Provide information to the business teams and management regarding the consequences of specifying a requirement in a particular way, influencing the final outcome in this way
- Ensuring Non-Functional Requirements (e.g. Performance, MI, Volumes, Service Levels, etc.) are fully defined, thought through and documented
- Be responsible for all changes to the application/ system throughout the whole product life cycle including retirement of systems
- Establish and deliver solutions for projects to meet the business needs
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent problem-solving skills and proven ability at documenting application architecture solutions
- Understanding of Client Server Interaction, Application and Infrastructure architecture
- Understanding of mobile technologies, the strengths and weaknesses platforms such as iOS & Android
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to work concisely when under pressure
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently, with ability to multitask and prioritise workload
- Understanding of API definition languages such as JSON, RAML or REST
- Experience of working within a project framework such as Waterfall, Agile & Scrum
- Awareness of the Barclays business unit responsibilities and structure
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.