About the job
As a Barclays Solution Architect, you will develop, specify and lead end-to-end technical solutions for Barclays Partner Finance. You will also, but not only, work directly with other engineering and architecture functions, business and technology stakeholders to deliver fit for purpose and strategic technical solutions/plans, in particular those initiatives that drive modernisation, re-platforming and large scale change/transformation.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will be the Solution Architect for multiple projects within a business area that has true customer and colleague impacts
- You will be the technology expert to whom that business area trusts to realise their aspirations as to how they can best drive their business forward
- Driving long term end to end technical and architectural solutions that deliver strategic goals
- Partnering with the business lines during the business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Collaborating to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plans
- Acting as strategist for solutions/applications for BPF, focusing on pragmatism and future needs of the applications
- Assisting in defining the technical strategy and advising on product roadmaps to achieve strategic goals for BPF
What We’re Looking For
- Significant years of solid technical working experience in software engineering and design roles
- Significant and solid full stack software development experience, with multiple programming languages, including Java
- Significant and demonstrable experience in leading detailed design and implementation of scalable
- Significant experience integrating disparate systems and designing effective APIs with most appropriate technologies
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience in modern software design and engineering, having solved complex, analytical and technical problems
- Ability to lead solutions in depth at all levels including architecture, interface specification, code structure, network protocols, operations and troubleshooting
- Excellent analytical skills and proven ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex analytical outcomes, linkages and messages to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of domain-driven design principles and practices
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It’s the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.