About the job
As a Barclays Solutions Architect you will be joining the Corporate Digital Banking team within Barclays Execution business area. You will be instrumental in implementing the solutioning and end-to-end design activities for major projects or programmes of work within the Corporate Digital Banking domain, ensuring architecture deliveries are in line with the Transaction Cycle strategies.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Taking ownership of end-to-end application architecture for allocated projects and products, identifying, and engaging all application teams and stakeholders
- Producing required architecture visions and associated artefacts
- Presenting architecture vision at the appropriate Design Authority
- Driving the architecture vision through collaboration with the project team
- Supporting the Chief Information Officer and Chief Technology Officer Lead Architects to evolve the architectures and standards
- Assessing upcoming and new demand and provide architecture guidance to platform leads
- Building high quality products by adhering software engineering best practices and driving agile and product development mind set
- Contributing to the development of a solid2009 high-performance culture within the function and the wider technology teams
What We’re Looking For
- Exposure to Solution architect and enterprise architect training and certification, such as TOGAF, BCS accreditation
- Experience with project / programme stakeholders
- Knowledge in managing design activities
- Exposure with at least one or more technologies used by the bank i.e. Cloud technology/ integration technology/ data management
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Understanding of Banking and Financial Services Industry
- Exposure to Service Orientated Architecture design principles, service definitions and web services implementation including exposure of API components to external consumers
- Knowledge of technologies (including infrastructure technologies) that are used by financial service providers
- Experience in working with design authorities to gain architecture sign-off for deliverables
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.