About the job
Fraud Strategy Manager
As a Barclays Fraud Strategy Manager, this is an exciting opportunity where you will be driving the development of strategies for commercial credit cards. Being Fraud Strategy Manager means you will look at ways to combat new and emerging risks and ensure that loss forecasts and business targets are met whilst balancing customer experience.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Analysing current and historic data (e.g. authorisations, write off data) to keep our systems at the cutting edge of fraud detection
- Providing necessary support and guidance to the business for new products and services from a fraud perspective
- Act as a key point of contact to ensure Fraud Policy and Standards are met, working with Fraud Operations and Analytics team to keep fully up to date with latest fraud trends
- Evaluate and leverage a range of statistical and information to recommend, review and implement decisions that will have a positive impact on the P&L for the portfolio
- Regular evaluation of fraud strategies that are implemented from both an operational and financial benefit perspective, whilst suggesting changes and improvements as necessary
- Driving optimisation of processes to enhance fraud controls and identify improvement areas and develop plans to strengthen and close gaps in processes and controls
- Identifying new opportunities for enhancing/ streamlining services and formulate these into viable proposals
- Managing implementation plans and ensure that proposed changes are in line with changes in fraud trends
What We’re Looking For
- Proficiency in working in a data intensive environment performing analysis to make informed decisions
- Experience in the financial industry, preferably able to demonstrate conversance with fraud typologies and current threats associated with plastic fraud
- A self-motivated team player who can define, structure, and prioritise work for self as well as others
- Flexibility and capability to change priorities when circumstances dictate
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Prior knowledge or experience within a fraud strategy and/or analytics role
- Prior knowledge or experience working with fraud systems such as TS2 (TSYS), Broadcom, Falcon, RSA
- Prior knowledge or experience working with data analytics tools such as SAS, SQL, Tableau
- Prior experience working with credit or debit cards
Where will you be working?
Northampton was the birthplace of Barclaycard in 1966 and we’ve been based in Pavilion Drive since the building opened in 1997.
We purchased the building from the landlord in early 2018 as a sign of our commitment to investment in Northampton. Plans to further develop this Campus-style location are under way to allow for a real collaborative work environment. Based just off the A45 it is easily accessible by both car and bus routes.