About the job
Stress Testing Oversight & Control Manager – Finance
As a Barclays Planning and Stress Testing Oversight & Control Manager – Finance, you will contribute to the annual Federal Reserve Stress test which assesses whether the Bank has sufficient capital to continue operations throughout times of financial stress. You will have an opportunity to interact with peers and senior stakeholders in the Finance, Risk, Treasury, Risk Analytics and Model Risk Management teams. This is an important role, in which you will interact with stakeholders in the parent organisations in both the UK and US.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Driving the quarterly capital adequacy stress testing process including, but not limited to, preparing the production calendar, collaborating across functions to obtain the required data inputs,
- You will coordinate execution processes, troubleshooting (and solutioning) problems in a thoughtful and time sensitive manner and acting as a point of contact for all stress testing execution queries
- Assuring business-readiness of the processes and technology infrastructure, troubleshoot any potential problems and work across regions to offer solutions and manage stakeholder expectations
- Partnering with various cross-functional stakeholders across Finance, Risk, IT, QA and Senior Management to plan and contribute to the delivery of the quarterly capital adequacy processes and the annual regulatory submission to the Federal Reserve.
- Assist with the execution of a portfolio of regulatory-related deliverables, ensuring delivery in accordance to existing policies, procedures and best practices
- Maintain the stress testing operating model by collaborating with stakeholders to update process flows, controls and related evidence/documentation, and policies, procedures and frameworks
- Providing support including, organizing results review & governance processes, delivering materials for review by the IHC Board, & facilitating testing that follows annual model redevelopment process
What We’re Looking For
- Degree or equivalent preferably in Finance, Accounting, Management or Engineering disciplines
- Demonstrable direct relevant experience to the role (e.g. in the financial services industry, such as in finance, risk, treasury or providing advisory services to an investment bank); or
- Evidence of strong project management experience in implementing large-scale regulatory initiatives driving business requirements and functional specification; or
- Experience of IT work including systems design, testing, consulting or project management
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Familiarity with one or more of: Basel II & III, CCAR, or Dodd Frank and/or experience working in a regulatory mandated stress testing role
- Project management professional, MBA or other industry qualification
- Knowledge of Stress Testing and Capital Management requirements and supporting processes (e.g. Capital Calculations & Reporting, Regulatory Requirements, Financial Forecasting and Modelling, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Internal Control Frameworks and/or Model Risk Management
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.