About the job
Innovation Programme Manager
As a Barclays Innovation Programme Manager, you will be responsible for delivering market intelligence through analyzing signals, trends and in the field interviews and Providing investment and execution capability with world leading programmes – focused high touch initiatives through partnerships with Rainmaking and Anthemis to create ‘pilot worth’ opportunities for Barclays and pipeline for strategic investments.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the delivery of the FVS Programme in line with established playbooks and/or the guidance of the FVS Lead
- Identifying and engaging with external startups and relevant networks to create a pipeline of companies that align with Programme objectives and Barclays’ business objectives
- Working with senior stakeholders across Barclays to identify, validate and develop a pipeline of high value innovation opportunities
- Working collaboratively with Program participants to help them navigate the organization, develop their knowledge and understanding of Barclays
- Managing external and internal partners to ensure regular touchpoints, holding partners accountable for deliverables and establishing and meeting KPIs
- Seeking out and delivering on thought leadership and communication activities to highlight the Program benefits and showcase success stories
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent management, planning, organising and upward management skills
- Confidence in stakeholder management
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Ability to deliver structured and effective feedback
- Take responsibility for own personal development
Where will you be working?
Rise, created by Barclays, is a global community of the world’s top innovators working together to create the future of financial services. Rise London, the home of Fintech, is a state of the art co-working and event space 5 minutes from Old Street Tube Station, which brings together London’s most exciting Fintech startups, all in one space.