About the job
Application Support Analyst
As a Barclays Application Support Analyst, you will have th exciting opportunity to join the Service Management team in supporting the end to end Charles River Portfolio Management system. You will be responsible for ensuring the optimum performance from the in-scope services within the Barclays UK support unit, working closesly with the Service Operations Managers & Service Engagement Managers to ensure IT Management & Business Management stakeholder communications, are accurate.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Responding quickly to and dealing with high severity incidents reactively
- Identifying the issue and restore service within the shortest possible timeframe working with other technology and business teams
- Supporting a highly complex environment with hundreds of interfaces and dependancies
- Ensuring all the technical support teams are engaged and that stakeholder communications at MD level and below, are timely and accurate
- Managing and driving through root cause analysis (RCA) of incidents, identifying trends to prove an effective interface into Problem Management
- Proactively driving initiatives aimed at reducing the number of low severity incidents and avoidance of high severity incidents
- Ensuring consistent quality of ‘warmdown’ activities to ensure that all services are fully stabilised and operational
- Maintaining robust Service Documentation and Change Control for the portfolio
What We’re Looking For
- Prior experience working collaboratively with Build the Bank teams to support and schedule releases, analyse issues and RCA
- Strong level of support experience SQL is a mandatory requirement for this role
- Proven pragmatism in prior work, and common-sense driven execution
- Strong analytical ability as well as strong commercial awareness and understanding
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- The ability to self-start, taking a hands on approach, whilst being capable of operating independently
- Ability to interact with technical specialists and to decompose services into logical processes to aid investigation and triage of live service incidents
- Able to quickly absorb and assimilate large amounts of technical and business information to identify the appropriate course of action to ensure consistent quality
- AWS Support Skills, DEVOPS, Knowledge of IPSOFT & Aternity, ITIL v3 certified (desirable)
Where will you be working?
We’ve been in Scotland for 250 years, and our significance has never been as important as it is today. You can find Tay House is nestled in a fantastic central city location. Our modern Glasgow Contact Centre is directly next to the M8 and a short walk from Central Station and Charing Cross train station. Tay House offers a communal coffee pod, but if you fancy nipping out we are right next to two of the main shopping streets in the city centre.