About the job
Specialist Support Analyst – Part time
As a Barclays Specialist Support Analyst, you will provide excellent service to the bank’s corporate clients. Utilising available tools and resources to handle servicing requests and general queries from clients in the most efficient way. Ensure all client interactions are completed in a professional manner with client and company needs at the forefront allowing an accurate service to be delivered. Use your initiative to provide high-speed resolution to our clients.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life. If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager, and your request will be reviewed subject to business needs.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Responding to channels related requests received from clients, as well as those from other business areas and third parties where appropriate
- You will provide a world-class service utilising skills and knowledge to understand the request and taking appropriate action
- Acting as a knowledgeable point of contact for technical & procedural queries handling request within your remit/using knowledge of business area & broader Barclays’ functions
- You will actively identify opportunities for clients to transfer their servicing needs to more efficient and cost-effective self-serve channels
- Ensuring all call documentation is complete, accurate, concise, detailed, legible, and escalated to the correct area for further resolution if required
- Supporting occasional testing of products or version enhancements, including providing role model behaviours and act as a mentor to other advisors
- Providing input and assist with preparation and running of team meetings, including assisting in training and act as buddy for new team members
- You will establish and actively manage own personal development plan and seek to improve in areas of development through undertaking the necessary training
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent customer service skills, endeavor to provide a first-class customer service skills combined with great communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change with a willingness to liaise with representatives from other group companies, while acting as a product champion and providing your knowledge and expertise
- Proactive focus towards query resolution and analyzing at the root cause to prevent future queries
- Good computer literacy
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- A comprehensive understanding of day-to-day client servicing requests.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Data Protection Act, and a good understanding of Operational Rigour
- An understanding of Client Service and how we operate between teams or achieve our strategy
- Demonstrate and contribute to the team culture & values, ensuring a positive working environment is maintained
Where will you be working?
You will be based in Radbroke, Knutsford. The Barclays Technology Campus just outside Manchester is our tech command centre and a vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. The campus is set in a 64 acre self-contained site, in a beautiful green environment and it offers unrivalled facilities for work and for play. We have an onsite gym, as well as outdoor tennis, football and cricket areas, as well as onsite restaurant and coffee shops.