About the job
Production Support Engineer
As a Barclays Production Support Engineer within Prime Services, you will support the Front Office trading operation and demands close with frequent interaction with Front Office, TCU and Middleware Operations teams. You will ensure the continued availability, effectiveness and accuracy of production systems across Financing, Securities Lending, Trade Custody, Settlements and Client Reporting. You will manage coverage on crisis management calls, production issues and work with development, application management and infrastructure teams and other teams that depend on these platforms.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- You will be working closely with Business, Development, Global Infrastructure and supporting Vendors to facilitate the successful delivery of Change to the Production environment
- You will be representing Technology in front of the business and take ownership of issue escalations through to resolution or escalation, as appropriate
- You will be following ITIL standards of Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management etc
- You will be working extended UK shifts as per business need in rotating shift with other colleagues to cover early or late UK shift
- You may be required to work during weekends for any on calls as per the need in rotating weekend on-call coverage to cover 24*7 support model
What We’re Looking For
- OS : Unix, Linux, Windows
- Database: SQL Server
- Languages: Shell/Perl Scripting, SQL, PLSQL, Knowledge of Java and Middleware interfaces
- Autosys, PGP Encryption/Decryption
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Candidate is expected to be able to read code and have a solid UNIX Shell/PERL scripting and SQL skill set, many of the queries will be against scripting and database data
- Position is very client facing with emphasis on communication and soft skills, ability to escalate issues (i.e.: must with confident of handling difficult people/situations)
- Good analytical skills in investigating queries related to trading and settlement :(i.e.: trade / contract accruals, contract rates/costs, Marking/pricing, trade processing)
- Ideally the candidate will be ITIL certified, able to demonstrate practical application of the ITIL principles into an Application Management function at a financial institution
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.