About the job
IB Front Office Risk Application Support Engineer
As a Barclays IB Front Office Risk Application Support Engineer, you will work closely with the global functional lead for IBFO Risk and DMT as a SME in strategic risk generation platform. You will be drive stabilization, availability, continuity, Service on-boarding, manage service and operational risk for specific key applications in IB FO Risk, working with BtB, Vendor & other stakeholders.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible, or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process.
We are currently operating in a hybrid working environment, meaning that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Develop in-depth knowledge/understanding of the applications, architecture, infrastructure components, processes, users, stakeholders, and the consumers
- Identify inefficiencies in application processes and recommend solutions for process improvement to eliminate delays and improve batch success rate
- Provide technical resolution to incidents impacting production, participate in postmortem of incidents and document knowledge article for faster recovery
- Drive stabilize, effective monitoring and alerting discussions and implement in the application stack for better observability and approach to avoid incidents/outages
- Drive automation and continuous process improvement to ensure operational efficiency and cost optimization
- Work with cross –functional teams to understand data lineage, data dependencies and business impacts
- Responsible to measure service improvements in terms of batch success rate, OLA/SLA on a daily weekly basis
- Engage with various IT and Infrastructure teams to drive technical conversations to solve complex incidents
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in information systems or computer science or any equivalent
- Experience in Investment banking application support/infrastructure support
- Experience in supporting mission critical complex and massive technology estate support for any investment banking
- Proven experience in working with Linux/Unix operating systems
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience working in Investment banking supporting Front office/trading applications is preferable
- Good understanding of Data Mart, Data Lakes, and Data Warehouse principles.
- Familiar with financial services industry, regulatory and compliance requirements of global regulators like PRA, Federal Reserve
- An understanding about various asset classes like Macro, Credit, Margin
Where will you be working?
Our new state-of-the-art Campus, right in the heart of Glasgow is a hub of creative collaboration. A place where everyone can bring their true selves to work and reach their full potential. Home to 5,000 of our colleagues, our Tradeston campus will support the community in more ways than one – by creating thousands of new career opportunities and celebrating local artists. A short walk from Central Station on the south of the Clyde, it will be a key location for the Barclays business that will deepen our ties with the city and its communities.