About the job
The Media Planning department manage the BBC’s promotional inventory. Covering everything from TV and Radio airtime to iPlayer and BBC Homepage promotional activity, the department provides insight into how to effectively target the right audiences to achieve the desired marketing objectives. We work closely with marketing teams and advise on all uses of inventory across the BBC portfolio as well as liaising with external media buying agencies.
You will be responsible for scheduling all interstitial marketing items for BBC iPlayer across our promotional space, in line with the marketing, editorial and scheduling requirements for marketing campaigns.
Working across all the BBC’s media inventory and paid social media, you will be responsible for applying the principles of media planning, marketing and advertising and using all available audience data to create the most audience focused promotions schedule for BBC iPlayer coverage and platforms. You will also have responsibility for ensuring media schedules are editorially sound, meets all the requirements of transmission and are fit for publication.
Are you the right candidate?
- Broadcast and/or streaming experience in media planning working within a broadcasting/streaming company, advertising, media or research agency.
- Experience of dealing with colleagues from within own department and building good working relationships with colleagues outside of immediate work area.
- Experience of influencing and working with senior managers.
- Demonstrable understanding of the commercial streaming marketplace.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting data.
- Paid media experience, particularly in social/digital media
Contract type: Full Time Permanent
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application . There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About The BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual’s unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here
- Our BBC Values
- Job Description