About the job
The Kids and Family team are excited to share we are looking for a Senior Programming Executive.
Reporting directly into our Programming Manager, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills leading a team and creating engaging content for audiences across the globe.
We’re looking for someone that is passionate and curious about social/digital platforms and can bring fresh new ideas to the team. You will have the opportunity to work across all social platforms including; Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and AVOD – any knowledge on using and working on these will be advantageous.
The role will support the Head of Programming and Programming Manager on the development and implementation of digital brand and commercial strategies, bringing to life the publishing plans from a brand and creative point of view across branded digital channels (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Web), as well as leading on medium sized projects. The role will oversee the publishing calendar and content slate, working closely with the commercial team.
The Kids & Family Programming team are directly responsible for digital content on power brands such as, Bluey & Hey Duggee plus governing and coordinating our editorial output across these channels.
- Editorial ownership of publishing activity across assigned branded channels (including Social, Web, CRM) ensuring activity is coherent and aligned to overall brand and genre priorities
- Support the Head of Programming and Programming Manager on the development and implement of brand and commercial strategies, including commercial products and licensing needs
- Take ownership of allocated projects and sub-genres/brands (medium to high priority) from strategy to implementation, ensuring what’s published is aligned to strategy, objectives and audience segments
- Lead on platform best practice
- Analyse digital performance data, derive insights and optimise future asset creation, working closely with the Programming Executive
- Lead on creative ideation for campaigns and always-on activity tied to digital originals, TV shows, and calendar events (e.g. Earth Day, Christmas)
- Oversee publishing calendar and content slate, working closely with commercial team on new deals and implementation of commercial plans
- Line management responsibility for Co-ordinator and/or Executive, including managing work, mentoring and development.
- Involved in supervising editorial output across social handles in line with Social AVOD strategy and in partnership with editorial leads
- Works across multiple brands, regions and timeframes and liaises extensively with key stakeholders across different business areas
- As an operational area there are continual day-to-day decisions, for instance on whether to allow controversial content within a publishing plan. Content planning is a key aspect and will require detailed decision making over a one month to six month horizon
Are you the right candidate?
- A proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Organised whilst multitasking
- An ability to deliver at pace and anticipate deadlines
- Experience of data analytics tools and campaign measurement
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience creating digital strategies to support commercial and non-commercial projects or campaign
- Experience managing global digital channels (Social, Web, CRM)
- Line management experience
- Understanding of editorial and other compliance policies.
- Understanding and knowledge of the broadcasting industry and an interest in output.
- Experience working on Kids & Family content
Contract Type: Full time / perm
Location: London TVC
Working Pattern: Hybrid Working (Home-based plus two/three days a week in the office)
We are really proud to share that we are a Level 2 Disability Confident Employer and so if you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply please do contact us at [email protected] with the job reference in the subject. We advertise all our roles on Evenbreak, the specialist job board for disabled candidates
- Flexible/agile working -opportunities across the business. We’re happy to discuss a formal flexible working pattern. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at the offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certifications.
- Benefits – We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (plus an additional day which is a Corporation Day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
About The BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve.We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.
- Our BBC Values