Website Birmingham City Council
Catering Supervisor B
Grade 3 £21,269 – £27,514 pro rata
Working Hours are 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday 7.30am – 2.00pm, Term Time only plus 6 days in the school holiday for cleaning & training
Bellfield Junior School B31 1PT
Cityserve is the Birmingham City Council multi award-winning catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchens across the UK. Healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all our menus, and we are committed to the well-being of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and can motivate and support team members. Hours of work will be between 7.00am to 2.30pm.
As a Catering Supervisor, your responsibilities will include:
- delivery of daily staff briefings;
- management of all food & non-food orders via an online computer system called Saffron;
- preparing and cooking all meals for pupils;
- ensuring all food and health and safety regulations are followed;
- managing rotas and work routines for the staff;
- weekly online payroll submissions;
- staff training;
- management of attendance;
- managing employees breach of Birmingham City Council’s Code of Conduct.
- you will work collaboratively with school staff to ensure the first-class delivery of food in school kitchens;
- sound knowledge of nutritional standards in school food;
- good people skills;
- passion about food and customer service;
- great team player;
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- computer literate;
- hold Intermediate Food Hygiene Qualification.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for this.
You must upload a Supporting Statement via the attachments part of your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered. Please do not attach CVs as we do not accept them.
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via video conferencing. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further information.
For informal enquires please contact [email protected]
We welcome applications from people with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken.
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed. Non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may need to apply for a visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council for a skilled worker visa (if the job is eligible).
Job Description and Person Specification