Website Birmingham City Council
Deputy Catering Supervisor- George Dixon Academy
Grade 3 – £21,269 – £27,513
33.75 hrs hours per week working times are Monday – Friday term time only between 8am-3pm, Hours to be confirmed
Cityserve is a Birmingham City Council catering service for school meals providing fresh and nutritious food for school kitchen across the UK, healthy eating is a continuous theme throughout all of our menus and we are committed to the wellbeing of pupils. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a busy environment, delivers excellent customer service and is able motivate and support team members.
As a Deputy Catering Supervisor your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and cooking meals for pupils
- Planning and controlling all aspects of the service
- keeping the kitchen clean & tidy
- Costing, stocktaking and keeping appropriate records using IT skills
- I Learning
- To maintain a balanced diet and varied menus
- To be aware of the care users’ needs and dietary preferences
- You will work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to ensure the first-class delivery of food in schools kitchens both in and outside of performance times.
Previous kitchen experience is essential to this role
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Great team player
- Food Safety Level 3
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Allergy Awareness Certificate
- Experience in a similar environment
- High standards and quality drive
- A ‘can do’ attitude
You must upload a Supporting Statement via the miscellaneous attachment on to your application. This is required for shortlisting; you need to describe how your experience and skills fit the essential criteria for the role as specified in the Person Specification. If you do not attach your Supporting Statement, your application will not be considered. Please do not attach CVs as we do not accept them.
Closing date 19 October 2023 – 12 Noon
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken
Proof of Right to work in the UK will be required for all applicants in accordance with UK Home Office requirements, before any employment offer can be confirmed. Non-UK applicants (excluding Ireland) may need to apply for a visa from the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) and may require a Certificate of Sponsorship from Birmingham City Council for a skilled worker visa (if the job is eligible).
Job Description and Person Specification