Job Reference: 185516BR
London, Olympic Park Westfield Stratford City
Boots Healthcare Specialist
Healthcare at Boots is changing! We are re-imagining the Boots customer and patient experience to make healthcare more accessible and exciting in stores and online. Customers will experience healthcare in a re-inspired, modern environment where they can be offered personalised and expert advice. This is where the Boots Healthcare Specialists come in with their in-depth knowledge across health and wellness to enhance every customer and patient’s experience.
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With around 2,500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 170 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities.
What you can expect
As a Boots Healthcare Specialist, your role will be to deliver excellent complete care, giving advice on healthcare products and services; allowing our customers and patients to make informed choices about their healthcare. This role delivers exemplary care in our healthcare business to help our customers’ and patients’ wellbeing to thrive.
You can expect the role to include, but not be limited to;
- Delivering exceptional and holistic healthcare advice, helping our customers and patients to make appropriate choices about health and wellness products and services
- Actively interacting with and approaching customers, using The Boots Healthcare Way to ensure the customer has choice of solutions and the right advice to meet their needs
- Acting as the store’s health and wellbeing ambassador, keeping up to date with the latest products and topics in the health and wellness world
- Embracing and promoting the Boots omnichannel offering and signposting customers and patients to further solutions (e.g. Pharmacy Services, Online Doctor, Boots.com)
- Building strong relationships with their customers and local community
- Signposting patients to an appropriate healthcare professional when necessary (e.g. Pharmacist)
What you need
We’re looking for great people, with an approachable and friendly personality. It’s all about working together as one great team – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business. You never know, it could lead to another role with us. To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and a true desire to help others feel good. In addition, you will be:
- Energetic and passionate about finding the best solutions for your customers
- Curious about patients, customers and their holistic health and wellbeing
- Empathetic, approachable and able to interact sensitively
- A team player that loves to contribute to the team and store’s success
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with embracing technology and the omnichannel offering
- Commercially driven and focused on delivering a great customer experience
- An ambassador for the Boots brand and healthcare, eager to learn about everything health
We’re offering you an exciting career opportunity and a chance to be part of something new and exciting. You will need to have completed or be prepared to work towards an NVQ Level 2 Healthcare Advisor Programme to join us. You’ll also develop your knowledge and customer focused skills even further, working with key healthcare brands and the Boots team to develop your expertise in topics such as managing pain, skincare and vitamins.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, life assurance, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for all Boots brands)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.