Website Bradford Council
Department of Office of Chief Executive
West Yorkshire Pension Fund
Band PO4: £39,571 – £42,614 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Aldermanbury House
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s largest Pension Funds at the start of an exciting digital transformation journey.
As the full-stack developer you will manage and develop web solutions at both the front-end (website and application user-facing elements) and back-end (database maintenance, debugging and creation/maintenance of foundational code). Because you’ll be responsible for developing and managing the full life-cycle of web based applications this role will give you a fantastic opportunity to further develop your professional skills.
Working in our friendly and collaborative offices in Bradford you‘ll need to possess excellent technical knowledge allied with strong communication skills coming into contact with a variety of people in the organisation from technical ICT colleagues to pension scheme administration experts.
As well as a generous employer backed pension scheme (the LGPS) you’ll benefit from industry leading flexible working opportunities and hybrid home-working policies.
We want someone who will bring innovative ideas to our new developments and work with our customer labs. In this role you will be a spearhead for our future, at the start of our journey.
Some of the key skills you’ll need for this opportunity are:
Need to have:
- Hands on full stack UI / web and app development experience is key for this role
- Python (Flask / Django or similar)
- React or Angular
- RESTful and API practices
- Five years experience of designing print/exhibition communications materials, plus three years experience of website design/development in asp.net.
- Evidence of using CSS in developing websites
- Web security (IIS7)
- Plus expertise in some of the following; Adobe Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Coldfusion, HotMetal Pro, Adobe GoLive, Axure RP, Visual Interdev
Nice to have:
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN
For further information regarding this post, please contact recruiting manager Stuart Duncombe on 07583103038 or email
Closing Date: 23