Website Bradford Council
West Yorkshire Pension Fund (WYPF) administers the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) and the Fire Fighters Pension Scheme for around 850 employers based throughout the UK. The Funds administered by WYPF have 464,000 members of which 151,000 are active members, 136,000 are deferred members and 140,000 are pensioners. WYPF is valued at over £17bn. More information can be found at www.wypf.org.uk
We have a number of vacancies across the following teams:
- The Record Maintenance and Benefit Calculation teams.
- The Death and Dependants’ Payroll team who deal with bereavement and also the running of multiple payrolls.
- The Contact Centre team who take calls and enquiries from pension scheme members and deal with all incoming electronic mail and correspondence.
As a pensions officer you will provide assistance to senior colleagues and be required to calculate a range of pension benefits and undertake basic payroll work. You will also be part of a busy team where strict deadlines have to be adhered to, so you will be required to work in a high pressured environment. You will be required to deal with complex areas of work, with support from your colleagues. You will also learn about the different aspects of the various pension schemes and the legislation which governs them.
As a minimum you will have:
- 5 GCSE’s Grade C or above including Maths and English – or equivalent qualifications.
- Evidence of your numeracy and literacy skills and recent experience of dealing with the public.
- Be able to work under pressure in a busy environment and as part of a team.
- Have Excellent Customer Service skills
- Previous payroll or pensions experience would be an advantage.
- Flexible working (note the contact centre have core working hours)
- LGPS Pension
- Ongoing training and development
- Some Homeworking after a Period of time
A basic disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
Closing Date: ONGOING
Please see attached Job Profile: Pensions Officer.doc