Website British Airways
As a multi-functional Ground Operations Agent, you will carry out the vital unseen work that enables us to deliver a seamless journey for our customers. You will have on the day responsibility for delivery of Turnaround activities for the below wing operation including on the day delivery of the baggage handling operation at LHR including baggage build and supporting other key baggage tasks such as out of gauge (OOG) and off-load support.
- Ability to obtain and retain an airside pass
- Full manual UK driving licence, 6 months driving experience and no more than 3 points.
- Ability to be CAT 3 licence trained
- The physical fitness to lift weights up to 32
- Aged 18 or over at the time of application
- The ability to work as an individual or as part of a team.
- The resilience to put up with the joys of British Weather
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Hold a valid passport (with minimum of 12 months before expiry date)
- Unrestricted right to live and work in the UK
- Willing and able to work shifts covering 24 hours a day, 7days a week, 365 days a year
- After one year, you’ll also be eligible to one concession per year for you and your nominees to use on any eligible route on our network.
- Taxes and charges apply.
- Cargo Concession. After six months, you’ll be entitled to an annual cargo concession of up to 250kg to transport personal property on our network – you only have to pay 10% of the applicable Air Cargo Tariff.
- Well-Being. Wellbeing sponsors and advisers across British Airways promote a number of wellbeing and inclusion initiatives.
- We also offer a variety of other benefits to help you develop as a professional and stay healthy and productive.
- You can enjoy special discounts and savings on a range of products such as hotels to tie in with your staff travel trip.
- Car Parking. At our Westbase site near Heathrow, you can park for free for up to two weeks when you go on holiday – a big saving!
- Flexible Benefits Scheme. Our new flexible benefits scheme is available to colleagues and will offer a range of benefits to choose from including a market-leading defined contribution (DC) pension, helping you save for the future.
- The scheme gives colleagues choice and more control over your benefits and how you spend the contributions that you will receive from British Airways.
- The range of benefits to choose from include – critical illness cover, additional life insurance cover, private medical insurance, dental plan and healthcare cash plan.
- Fly the World (Staff Travel). From day one, you can purchase discounted commercial tickets, known as ‘Hotline’ tickets, for your own use or for friends and family. On joining, you’ll be eligible for unlimited standby and premium standby fares, for you and your nominees, with BA.
- After a qualifying period this will extend to other partner airlines.
- BA Clubs. Provide a wide variety of sports and leisure facilities, with free membership in your first year. Get involved in anything from athletics to yachting, angling to yoga.
Company: British Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Heathrow, England
Application Deadline: N/AApply Here