Website British Airways
Looking for a challenge in one of the world’s largest airfreight logistics organisation and a FTSE 100 company?
At IAG Cargo we are in the business of moving things. From antibiotics to rhinoceros, gold bullion to avocados and everything in between. Whatever people need, wherever they are. In an era of digital screens and closed borders, we open the skies and fly the world to bring people the things they really need.
As the logistics and cargo brand of the International Airlines Group, you will work across the globally recognised brands of Aer Lingus, British Airways, Iberia, Level and Vueling as we build and shape a new logistics company. We believe in a world that is always moving, with values that underpin our business. By always delivering, always improving, always working as one team and always with integrity, we are creating an inclusive business that works for its customers and its colleagues around the globe.
- Ownership of the H&S Air reports for LHR.
- Liaising with the compliance team and Departments for close out of Air Reports.
- Managing complex issues that arise and implementing workable health and safety solutions.
- Liaising with company legal team regarding potential / actual claims.
- Liaising with HAL regarding Air-side vehicle incidents.
- Deputising for the Head of Health & Safety when required.
• Lead, coach and develop other H&S team members when required. • Coach and develop those with Health & Safety function as part of their role across the Operational business. • Assist with compliance of the relevant Health & Safety legislation across the LHR Campus • Assist with implementing and maintaining frameworks to support and enhance the Health & Safety strategy across the Operation. • Liaise with the Facilities Manager regarding facility H&S issues. • Drive a positive safety culture across the whole of Operations. • Play an integral role in the central operations health & safety and provide support and statistics to colleagues to help identify trends and implement improvement plans. • Lead discussions with any Design & Engineering and Construction to ensure that safety plays an integral role in design considerations for new projects. • Undertake a programme of audits to measure and report on compliance with health & safety and fire safety standards across the LHR Campus. • Develop Safety Campaigns to improve health and safety across the Campus. • Provide weekly and monthly reports for the Head of Health and Safety and department heads.
• Working proactively with managers and teams across the business to maintain continuous improvement of health and safety within their areas. • Working with our Subcontractors on site to ensure that they maintain the highest levels of health and safety. • Other duties as and when required to ensure a good health and safety culture. • Ensure continuous professional development. • Attend training courses as required. The above list is not exhaustive.
As part of our workforce you will receive a competitive salary as well as access to a variety of our excellent benefits including Bonus, 26 days holiday, DC pension scheme, flight benefits, discounts with many high street retailers, good development prospects and the opportunity to be included in the annual incentive scheme.
We are one of the world’s largest cargo carriers, come and be part of it.
To apply for the position of (Health, Safety & Compliance Manager, LHR), IAG Cargo, please use the ‘apply now’ function.