Website British Airways
Duration: Two Years
Location: London Heathrow
Application Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Start Date: September 2023
Through a series of placements, you’ll get under the skin of the strategic planning that makes our engineering function tick. With a large fleet of over 250 aircraft, you’ll have a breadth of exposure to our incredible operation.
You could be organising the maintenance schedules for both our short haul and long haul aircraft; driving the long term strategy of maintenance considering efficiency, cost, time and quality of how we do things; or delivering projects around which aircraft we are entering and exiting in the business.
A big challenge of the role is managing the huge volumes of suppliers we work with to run our operation smoothly, so across all your placements you’ll be negotiating, influencing and managing stakeholders to deliver your projects effectively.
We are looking for a minimum of a 2:2 degree, or equivalent, in any subject (achieved or expected). You will have the drive to succeed, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically.
What’s in it for you?
Looking to join our graduate scheme? You won’t be disappointed. Recently winning TargetJobs ‘Most Popular Graduate Employer in the Transport, Logistics and Supply Chain’ category, and being ranked #17 in the GTI Top 300 Graduate Employers, we can’t wait to welcome you into the British Airways family.
We have many benefits for graduates at British Airways, here are a handful to showcase the diversity of our graduate community:
- Part of the British Airways graduate network and community, with the opportunity to engage with graduates from all schemes in the business and learn from former graduates
- Involvement in our ambitious sustainability vision, volunteering an active role to champion specific community groups including LGBTQ+ ‘Flying Proud’ and ethnic minority network ‘BeMe’
- Involvement in Community Investment programmes, taking part in fundraising challenges for partnership charities, supporting causes close to your heart
- Volunteering in schools, colleges and universities, sharing personal experiences to inspire, motivate and coach students and support their potential to gain employment in the industry we love
- Access to heavily discounted flights to globe trot, and a generous annual leave entitlement to turn your bucket list into reality
Further information & Next Steps
We are delighted you are considering applying! Here’s some more information you may need about the application process:
- All sections of your application need to be complete, including all online tests, by the deadline given
- Due to high volumes of applications, you may only apply for one graduate programme. We would recommend for you to read about each graduate scheme before applying as only your first application will be considered
- If you are successful with the online tests, you will be invited to complete a short video interview within a given timeframe
- Across all stages of the application process, if you fail to submit by the deadline, your application will be automatically withdrawn.
Do you have any questions or need advice? We will be running weekly virtual drop in centres for applicants to talk to our recruitment team. Come along any Tuesday between 4pm-5pm by joining the MS teams link.
Don’t forget to keep an eye on our event page on the careers website to see any events you can join to find out more information and top tips, as well as which universities and events we will be attending.
Timelines for this recruitment process
- Initial applications open between 6 October – 30 November 2023 but may close earlier if volumes are high
- If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to complete a video interview in December
- If your video interview is successful, you will be invited to a Virtual Assessment Centre in February 2023