About the job
Job Req ID:
Corporate and Regulatory Affairs
1 Braham Street, London, United Kingdom
Attractive salary and bonus / benefits
Internal Communications Professional – London / Hybrid working – Attractive salary plus up to 10 percent and great benefits
- Do you thrive on being able to work autonomously within an inclusive, agile, and state of the art working environment?
- Do you want to work for a business that offers genuine career progression opportunities?
- Do you want to work with a team that wants to innovate and disrupt the way BT delivers its comms? We don’t accept working the way we always have. We champion the space for our people to learn through experience.
If so, BT are looking for someone to ensure we stand out as the best place to work. Interested? Apply today!
We’re made up of seven units – customer-facing and corporate. This role supports BT’s Enterprise unit, our B2B arm, which services around 1 -2 million customers and over half the FTSE 350. We employ more than 12,000 brilliant people in our sales, service and support teams. Our customers range from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. We are proud to connect the nation in the UK and Ireland with our products, services, and converged network.
BT is going through significant change. We’ve got big plans for where we want to be and we’re on the right track: Enterprise plays a huge part in that.
With so much going on, our role in BT Group’s Internal Communications team, supporting Enterprise, has never been more important. Our mission is to help everyone in the business understand what we’re doing and where we’re going; to create a community of 100,000 advocates working for one company with a shared vision and purpose. It’s challenging, at times exhausting, but it’s also hugely rewarding and fun. And we’re in it together. Like the sound of it? Get in touch.
What’s in it for you? What are the benefits?
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We’re a brand built on connecting people – whether that’s friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you’ll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but – more than that – you’ll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity. Benefits of working for BT include:
- True autonomy in your role partnering with senior leaders as they embark on transformation change and exciting people initiatives
- 10% on target bonus
- 25 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme – you contribute 5%, BT contributes 10%
- Discounted BT broadband and BT Sport, BT TV and Mobile
- Share option schemes
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work schemes and many more flexible benefits to fit around you
What will the role involve as our Internal Communications Professional?
- In this role you’ll support changing the culture in the Corporate & Public Sector (CPS) business in Enterprise, through a planned programme of communications and engagement designed to create pride and confidence in the direction of our business.
- You’ll use your channel knowledge, editorial planning and writing skills to create and deliver exciting content that brings the CPS comms strategy to life. From celebrating big milestones; fixing the issues; shouting about our successes; and bringing our culture to life.
- You’ll be curious and have your finger on the pulse to make sure we understand, listen and respond to our audience, and communicate the right things when it matters most.
- Working into the senior internal comms business partner (ICBP) for CPS and as part of the wider internal communications team, you’ll be supporting stakeholders with content creation and tactical communications, delivering communications brilliantly via the most appropriate channel.
- While you’ll be comfortable following the direction set by the senior ICBP, you’ll always be on the look out to bring fresh ideas and not afraid to ask questions.
- You’ll be a firm advocate for BT and the stuff we deliver for our employees, sharing best practice with the wider Enterprise internal communications team and learning from other comms teams across the Group.
What are we looking for in our Internal Communications Professional? You may have a variety of the below;
- Content creation
- Understanding of internal comms channels, platforms and processes
- Logistic organisational skills
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Good communication skills – copy planning & writing
- Sharepoint and Workplace skills
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times and a high degree of discretion & confidentiality
- Graphic design (desirable)
- Understanding of content management systems (desirable)
How To Apply
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT
It’s easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don’t worry if you need to make changes – you’ll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We’re working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be – so, if you’re selected for an interview, please let us know if there’s any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..