About the job
Job Req ID:
Martlesham Heath Business Park, Ipswich, United Kingdom
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
We’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
About This Role
Enterprise provides large scale multi-year contracts to UK Government departments. Secure Platforms within BT Technology is accountable for ensuring the development, connectivity and maintenance of multiple Service Management Platforms to recover revenue of more than £400m per annum.
You will be involved in the design and implementation of key deliverables for BMC components across multiple platforms.
You will be working closely with Senior Technical management, Solution Architects and delivery teams to technically realise customer/business requirements whilst ensuring security is at the forefront of what we deliver to our customers.
Based from one of our UK strategic hubs you’ll be in great company – surrounded by established teams who are continuing to grow. So what are you waiting for? Come and be part of Secure Platforms future, today.
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Creates and implements technical solutions for a domain or cross domains / portfolios of work within a specific technology area autonomously, understanding how solutions impact systems internally and/or externally and assessing impact of change.
- Provides technical quality assurance over work of other engineers through matrix team structure.
- Provides sound technical expertise to consult on significant component(s) of a technical solution within a specific domain or cross domain.
- Delivers resolutions to problems that tend to be complex, cross-domain or of high impact to customers.
- Reviewing data, solving complex problems, and creating data solutions
- Providing technical knowledge to consult on significant component(s) of a solution.
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a solution design / systems integration role for major global customers, developing new solutions for external and internal use
- Experience of ongoing platform maintenance / working with a design, delivery & ASG support teams to ensure optimal system operation
- Proven track record of designing / developing new and innovative solutions, continuously adapting and learning
- Good Stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience of customer facing roles, and knowledge of the business drivers to help design teams deliver relevant, effective, efficient and quality service to customers.
Able to demonstrate experience in as many of the following;
- Entuity Network Analytics
- Remedy CMDB
- TrueSight Operations Management
- TrueSight Event Management
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization
About British Telecom
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..