About the job
Job Req ID:
Product & Propositions
Temple Point, Bristol, United Kingdom
Competitive with great benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do – and in the people who work here.
We’re now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we’re on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you’re interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it’s like to work at BT.
About the role:
This role will focus on the Mid Market (100-250 employee) segment within SME and cover:
- Trading plan and interventions focused on the mid-market (100-250 employee) segment within SME
- Deal pricing execution and commercial support for nonstandard deals outside the framework supported by pricing tools and DOAs
General mid-market trading
- Using insights, analysis and market expertise, own specific targets within Mid Market trading and support creation of customer interventions (marketing, price, sales incentives, etc) as required to ensure we achieve them
- Work with propositions, marketing, finance and sales teams to deliver the targets
Deal pricing and sign offs
- Using scenario modelling, analytics and commercial levers, recommend deal pricing solutions outside of standard framework, supported by pricing tools CPQ etc.
- Co-ordinates and evaluates opportunities and assesses underlying risk, making recommendations on how to optimise
- Support improvements in DOA governance and pricing policy and co-ordinate deal governance boards in accordance with channel DOA framework
- Using insight, analysis and pricing trends, recommend improvements in deal pricing tools and methodologies in order to improve win rate and value retention
- Provide analysis and insight on price performance and benchmarking to aid decision making and maintain up to date pricing catalogues
- Use data analytics: Uses complex data analysis to show underlying principles, process or systems improvements. Attention to detail is key.
- Relationships: ability to build relationships across cross-functional teams and test and challenge thinking
- Commercial Acumen and Pricing: Understanding of the levers that drive commercial performance and what we need to dial up and down to maximise returns. Understanding how to derive prices that will allow us to win in the market whilst maximising profit
- Influencing: Strong influencing skills in driving commercial initiatives for the sales segment working across the Enterprise functions
- Give specialised advice: Offers advice and makes recommendations based on expertise, suggesting solutions and improvements.
- Be creative: Broadens skills and knowledge base, learns and explores new ideas and influences others towards new ways of thinking
- Significant experience of SME products and propositions, the external market and the competitor environment
- Understanding of pricing and commercial principles and significant experience in a market facing commercial role
- Demonstrable communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Sound numerical pricing skills to support commercial decisions taking into account the external landscape
Who Is The BT Group
We’re the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer’s digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..